I’m sorry for calling this Back to School. I know, it’s a total cliché…especially as I am too old for school…and college. Even my graduation has been gone longer than my time at university. Seeing all the back to school stationery displays in shops always reminds me of how great it was going with my Mum to Woolworths or WHSmith to get new pens and pencils, a new notebook, maybe even a new pencil case if I was lucky.
As an adult, I am a total stationery fiend. If I want to buy myself a present, it’s either lipstick or a notebook. I had to impose a ban on myself because I was acquiring notebooks way faster than I could use them. I just love pretty paper and although I have terrible handwriting, jotting or sketching down ideas is so useful for me, despite doing a very digital job.
Shop my Stationery Wishlist
01. dotted notebook, katie leamon
02. dark palm a4 notebook, ohh deer
03. xl spiral bound notebook, sugar paper co
04. handpainted a5ish notebook, etta vee (you must check out her other unique patterns!)
05. tropical fruit notebooks in 3 sizes, wrap magazine
06. neon sticky tabs, paperchase
07. bison and jaguar pocket notebooks, papio press
08. mint leather notebook holder in a5 and a6, kikki k
09. macaron erasers, paperchase
10. brass scissors, hay
11. woodland pencil set, kikkerland
12. brass ruler, midori
13. geometric paper clips, dowse
14. brass rollerball pen, kikki k
15. brass pencil holder, midori
16. italian stapler, present & correct
– A special shout-out goes to Sainsburys who have some great (and cheap) notebooks and folders in at the moment, but sadly have awful, tiny product photography on their website. I am loving both this glitter notebook and their flamingo notebook. The downside is they are both lined heavily and I prefer plain or faintly dotted/squared/lined so I can still scribble everywhere.
– When it comes to pens, I like Muji and Uniball’s rollerball pens.
– I found a doge notepad on Etsy. Would be great for to-do lists.
– I will always love a Moleskine soft large notebook. The show-through on the pages isn’t great but has never particularly bothered me. I always have one of these on the go as my brain dump notebook and to use for meetings as they travel a lot better than paper covered notebooks.